Pactiv Evergreen NIGHT FORKLIFT Specialist in Covington, Georgia
$1,000 sign on bonus
Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
Vision (basic and premier coverage)
Prescription drug coverage
401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
Livongo diabetes program
Job Title: Lift Truck Operator 1
Location: Covington Campus Warehouses
Exempt Status: Nonexempt
Lift Truck Operator 1 (LTO1) works as a member of the team and has the knowledge to assist others team members to meet organizational needs within the warehouse. Main responsibilities include counting inventory, loading customer shipments, unloading inbound transfers, pick up/store product pallets, and production receipts.
· Must have 1-2 years of warehouse experience operating lift trucks (ie., Sit-down double fork and sit-down clamp)
· Must satisfactorily pass forklift driving training program or demonstrate safe handling of forklift in an on-site test.
· Previous completion of a Forklift training program or current forklift certification is preferred.
· Must successfully obtain and maintain a valid Pactiv Forklift and Safety Certifications during employment.
· Proficiency in operating technical machinery and scanners, Warehouse Management System (WMS) for task completion.
· Good organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with little supervision.
· Ability to work within a team and build good relationships.
· Ability to handle equipment and vehicles safely and sensibly.
Essential Job Duties
· Operate all warehouse equipment required to transfer finished goods and other products to the appropriate areas. All warehouse equipment includes, but is not limited to, forklift, and clamp truck.
· Load and unload trucks efficiently in accordance with department standards.
· Moving and transferring materials and finished goods in a high volume production environment.
· Support WMS functions as related to inventory and load management (IE. Pick list, PGI).
· Check accuracy of finished product count, product ID, order destination and carrier ID before loading any vehicle and accurately complete all required paperwork
· Load in/outbound finished goods using PIC sheet or direct load function on forklift.
· All transferring of product and material must be performed with a high degree of accuracy and accountability and in accordance with the established standard processes and procedures.
· Must adhere to all safety standards, Leader Standard Work (LSW) and company policies.
· Maintain work area in an organized, safe and clean manner
· All duties performed with focus on safety.
· Know locations of and how to operate emergency stop buttons and fire extinguishers.
· Complete forklift checklist which includes daily inspection of forklifts.
· Show ability to change the forklift propane tank as needed.
· The job responsibilities in this position description are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned as needed.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Will be exposed to hot temperatures during summer months and cold temperatures during the winter months.
· There may be some exposure to dust inside warehouse, exposure to machine noises.
· Ability to maintain single-task focus and situational awareness.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
· Frequent: Sitting, kneel/crawl/bend: stair climbing, carrying: 0-40 lbs for 5-10 feet, out-reaching, standing, walking
· Occasional: Stoop/Squat, Ladder/Steps Climbing, Bend/Twist
· Repetitive Use of: Wrist, Hands, Fingers, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Ankles, Head, Neck.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc.(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Covington is a city and the county seat of Newton County, Georgia, located 35 miles east of Atlanta. As of the 2010 Census, its population was 13,118.
The plant was built in 1967 manufactures polystyrene foam containers, and has approximately 370 Pactiv employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.