Pactiv Evergreen Maintenance Millwright Red Seal in Summerstown, Ontario
Pactiv Evergreen Inc.(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
Complete work assignments as directed through assignment of work orders; ensure work completed thoroughly and in a timely manner
Perform outlined procedures for regular machine preventive/predictive maintenance program.
Conduct troubleshooting and repair activities for machine breakdowns as necessary.
Install new equipment coordinated with outside services, as required
Establish and maintain maintenance standards and develop and recommend maintenance programs.
Notify appropriate personnel of stock deficiencies and tool/material requirements
Construct, assemble, and dismantle machinery and equipment.
Comply with all EHS policies, procedures, and safe work instructions in place
Troubleshoot the machines
Assist in the implementation of regularly scheduled maintenance
Work unsupervised and be dependable, dedicated, honest and safety oriented
Flexible regarding hours worked and be willing to replace in all plant positions as advised by the supervisor
Work under the direction of the Maintenance Mechanic – Lead Hand
Must have knowledge of basic welding
Must demonstrate the ability to read blueprints
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or G.E.D. Must possess an Industrial Millwright license with a -433A designation Must take & pass (within allowable limits) a mechanical & electrical aptitude questionnaire. Previous related experience for upto 2 yearsis mandatory.
- Basic mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit numbers including fractions Ability to perform these operations using units of both Canadian and American weight, measurement, and volume.
- High degree of knowledge of equipment and aptitude for understanding mechanical systems through formal training and/or education. Be able to perform repairs (including minor electrical). Uses and/or make special attachments when necessary. Certified in fall arrest and the operation of a scissor lift. Trained in lock out/tag and arc flash safety out procedures.
- Ability to express through verbal or visual aid and able to write numbers and time in clear, understandable messages. Must be able to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally.
- Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds. Plans repair procedures for most efficient accomplishment of job at hand. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry but detailed and simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Uses high degree of ingenuity in solving all types of maintenance problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 12-hour/day shift schedule.
Required to stand & walk continually.
Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift & carry up to 50 pounds and occasional assisted lifting & carrying up to 100 pounds using safe methods (mechanical assistance).
Frequent pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds.
Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching.
Starting Rate: $35; Shift premium = $ 0.65/hr (evenings) and $ 0.85/hr (nights)
Shift rotates between days, eveings and nights