Pactiv Evergreen Maintenance Millwright in Summerstown, Ontario
Pactiv Evergreen Inc.(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
Reads blueprints & wiring diagrams for the installation & repair of equipment and the building.
Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble. Disassembles, repairs/replaces parts and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
Develops simple types of experimental & operating equipment.
Cleans, lubricates & adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
Uses precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments.
Inspects and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication and power circuits.
Performs electrical repairs on machines.
Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler, and when necessary assist the electrician on repair/replacement of defective parts.
Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
Inspects completed repairs.
Requisitions new parts and equipment utilizing OEM manuals.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
Utilizes provided computer maintenance software.
Performs carpenter, plumbing, and painter related work.
Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
Repair parts that require minor machine work & welding. Uses gas & electric welding equipment.
Has operating knowledge of all production & service equipment.
Performs plant shutdown/start up in accordance with the outlined procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or G.E.D. Must possess an Industrial Millwright license with a 442A designation Must take & pass (within allowable limits) a mechanical & electrical aptitude questionnaire. Previous related experience is mandatory.
- Basic mathematical ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit numbers including fractions Ability to perform these operations using units of both Canadian and American weight, measurement, and volume.
- High degree of knowledge of equipment and aptitude for understanding mechanical systems through formal training and/or education. Be able to perform repairs (including minor electrical). Uses and/or make special attachments when necessary. Certified in fall arrest and the operation of a scissor lift. Trained in lock out/tag and arc flash safety out procedures.
- Ability to express through verbal or visual aid and able to write numbers and time in clear, understandable messages. Must be able to read, write & understand basic English. Able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers & management and deal effectively & professionally.
- Job requires making decisions based on established guidelines regarding running or shutting down on defective work and operational problems/difficulties of all kinds. Plans repair procedures for most efficient accomplishment of job at hand. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry but detailed and simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Uses high degree of ingenuity in solving all types of maintenance problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 12-hour/day shift schedule.
Required to stand & walk continually.
Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally will lift & carry up to 50 pounds and occasional assisted lifting & carrying up to 100 pounds using safe methods (mechanical assistance).
Frequent pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds.
Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling & reaching.
Starting Rate: $31.06; Shift premium = $ 0.65/hr (evenings) and $ 0.85/hr (nights)